- The gift of time: Make your mom feel extra special this by doing something that she knows you don’t normally do. If your mom runs every morning, get up and go for a run with her. If she goes to book club meetings, go to one with her! Or you could also spend the day with her on Mother’s Day. Whether it’s a picnic or a trip to the movies, the simple gift of time could be your best gift yet. Make sure you devote the entire day doing whatever she wants.
- Cook her favourite meal: Your mom has always been cooking you a good meal for you, so why not turn the tables and cook your mom her favourite meal. Whether it’s a toasted cheese sandwich or a yummy cake, taking time to prepare her favourite meal will go down a treat. You can also take her out for a meal, look for restaurants that have her favourite cuisines.
- Restore her childhood memories: Hidden away somewhere in a closet, cabinet or chest of drawers is likely to be a memorable gift from your mom’s childhood. Whether it’s a fluffy toy, an ornament or a letter from a long lost pen pal, there will be something that needs restoration. It may only need a battery, re-stitching, framing or a fresh coat of paint, but restoring one of her favourite childhood memories could prove to be your most thoughtful present yet.
- Basket of love: You could fill a basket or pot with things your mom loves, like chocolates, fruit, soft toys or any other favourite items. You can also add little notes or messages telling her what you are thankful for. Whether they are moments you have shared together or words that bring back special memories, your attention to detail will be greatly appreciated by her.
- Share the cost: If you decide to buy a Mother’s Day gift, try and share the cost with your siblings. Pooling your money to buy a present will not only save you money, but it will also give you a little extra to buy your mom that special gift.
For more Mother’s Day gifting ideas or send unique gifts to your mom in Chandigarh, visit us at JackandGill.com.